Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Emily loves Halloween. She loves to dress up, she loves to trick or treat, she loves any sort of party or gathering, and like my mom says, was "made for Halloween". Emily's favorite Halloween activity this year was attending a party hosted by my mom. The grand kids came dressed up and did several activities, each with a theme of "ghost", "cat", "witch", and "pumpkin". The evening ended with my personal favorite activity, "glow-in-the-dark dance party". when I was in college, my mom made a mix tape that has been a Halloween favorite ever since. Unfortunately, when we were moving, Brock got a hold of it ruined it. My mom and sister lost theirs the same year, so my mom recreated it this year. I was so excited. What is Halloween without a good boogie to "Ghostbusters", "Thriller", and the "Purple People Eater"? We turned it on for the kids and supplied them with glow bracelets and necklaces and let them get down. I must say, I couldn't help but to join in.





As much as Emily loves Halloween, I think Brock took the prize for being the most excited this year. He bounded up to each door with a "Helloooo!", "trick treat!" and a very grateful "tanks!" If the house looked especially inviting, he walked right in to join the party. He squealed and oohed and aahed at all the "spooks" we passed on the street and was the only one that didn't complain about all the walking.


Britton would like to write his own narrative on how Halloween went so here goes Britton's first official blog entry...

I liked halloween also I was a vampire. I was a great dracula . I made a good scare. I saw some of my friends they did not recognize me.

Well, there you go. Halloween at the Gardner's house. We were thankful to have Aunt Lindsey, Uncle Kit, Carson, Olivia, and Grandma and Grandpa Thompson along with us for trick-or-treating and post Halloween chili and cornbread. By the way, to see a hilarious picture of Britton, Emily, and Olivia on Halloween, check out Lindsey's blog.http://www.thompsonlove.blogspot.com.



3 comments:

Mari Burgess said...

hEY...I talked to Heather and she said to give you her email address in case you decide to have her take some pictures....
johnsonhsp@yahoo.com

Kelly said...

great vampire cosutme. Christian was one last year and I'm glad he doen'st know how cool they really can look. Ignorance is bliss - I've always thought that.

Julie said...

Yeah! Good to see you back to blogging! We had fun seeing you guys when you came to Seattle! Come again, anytime!