Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Emily!!!

Emily finally turned four this week. I say finally because people have been asking if she was four well, since she was two. I no longer have to have the "Wow! I can't believe it! She is the tallest three year old I have ever seen!" conversation. She is tall, and she is smart, and she is thoughtful, and she is fun, and she is funny, and she is sensitive, and she is full of life! Emily had two birthday parties, one with friends and one with family. For both parties she was intricately involved of the planning of invitations, food, dec0rations, refreshments, games, and most importantly, party favors. Emily lives for celebrations. The day of her friend party, while we were finishing up the preparations, we had several conversations like these: "Um, mom, do you think we should call my friends and remind them that I really like presents?" "No, Emily. I am sure they already know that you like presents." So, mom, do you think I should call them and tell them that it is going to be a real party?" "Emily, we told them on the invitation that it would be a party." "Mom, do you think I should take a little taste of the cake?" "Nope, you will get to taste it in a little while." etc... Anyway, the parties were fun. The family party was a little less fun due to the lack of party games, but was redeemed with some jump roping courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa Thompson. Emily has had fun playing with her new toys, and makes sure to give them all equal attention. She has also enjoyed her new bed. She and Britton have been sleeping on mattresses on the floor since we moved, so we gave Emily a bed with a trundle so Britton may still sleep in her room if he likes, and he does. So, it has been a fun week!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

This is so sweet to see Saltz! She is such a pretty girl. I am sure it was fun for everyone to have a party. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for this fun spot to visit.
Love forever, Mom (or Regualar Grandma Thompson as Sweet Emily would say.)