Sunday, January 27, 2008

I am a cowgirl, yes I am!

So, here's a funny little thing I've gotten myself into... A friendly fellow in our ward asked me if I would be interested in learning cowboy music. I thought it sounded interesting, it is a musical genre that is so specific to the region and culture I live in, so I said "sure". Next thing I know, I am singing lyrics like"and when your all steak and stewed together, I'll still be pounding leather, move on, you cattle move along", and "I'm a riding, roping, ranching kind of cowboy, I'm at home with a fence tool, a rope, or a medicine kit, and no other kind of life would suit me now boys, I'm a hackamore man who'll never the the bit" while wearing a black cowboy hat and a red bandanna with a group of 60 year old men. I am not sure how this happened, but I'll tell you, I felt like I was dressing up for Halloween last night as I was getting ready for our first "gig". And, by the way, did you know you can spend $170 on a cowboy hat! I bought the cheapest one I could find, and it was a mere $50! Dressing cowboy is expensive! So, this is my latest little adventure. I am now an official member of the "Red Hill Rangers"! I'm practicing up for our big gig at the Lion's Club meeting tomorrow. It should be a barrel of fun, a hoot and a holler, a nice li'l gatherin, ...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The crazy thing is that I can actually picture it. Maybe you could borrow some of Fawn's things from 7th grade. :)

Brianne said...

That is hilarious! Nate and I laughed pretty hard at that story!
I miss listening to you sing!

Also, I can't believe how big Brock is! He doesn't even look like the same kids anymore.

And one more thing, I think you guys should put a theater room in your new house. I always thought they were a wasted space, but having spent time in one, I am now sold on them. Have fun with the plans!

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot that Fawn was wearing Wranglers in middle school. Anyway, it's nice to see that all of those years in Country Fiddle aren't going to waste.