Monday, January 7, 2008

Here Goes...

Well, Here we are in a new city with a new job, a new home, a new school and new life experiences that I know will pass away quickly and possibly unremembered, so I have finally committed myself to writing down what comes and goes. When I was sending out Christmas cards, I realized we had friends and family in a dozen states and twice as many cities. I also realized how much I enjoyed hearing a little slice of their lives, so here goes... a little slice of Gardner family life, if for no one else, for me, so I can recall the many experiences that make up my life story.

I will start with a funny little story that happened recently. Emily(3) recently came into my room heartbroken. Through her sobs, she finally explained that Britton(6) had told her that "There is no such thing as girls." Emily looks up to Britton and hangs on his every word as truth, so this statement was devastating. She could not be consoled until Britton recanted his statement. I love that she adores her big brother so much. I don't love as much how Britton revels in the power it gives him, but for the most part he adores her right back and mostly enjoys her too. In fact, Britton sleeps on Emily's floor every night because he enjoys her company. He has his own room, but prefers to share with his little sister. Pretty sweet!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Chels,
Glad to see you join the world of blogging. It will be fun to see what you are up to.

hmsweaver said...

"No such thing as girls." That is so funny! It's great to hear from you guys! I miss having you guys in the choir. Glad you're getting the kids started on strings. I need to do that too. :-)