Saturday, July 18, 2009

What we have been doing this summer...

As you can see from my previous posts, out summer has been consumed with the process of building a house, but between the work, there has been a little play. Here are some of the fun things we have been up to...
My dear friend Betty and I at the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon. We finished in 1:52! It was a great race! Jeff ran too, he is just faster than us. (He ran a lightning fast 1:43!)


Here are Jeff and I with our Wasatch Back team. We ran 191 miles over three mountain ranges from Logan to Park City through blistering heat, freezing rain, and a dark night. We finished in about 30 hours. Lots of fun!

Utah State reunion with dear old friends Sheree, Kelly, Kelly, and Amie. It has been 15 years since I lived with these girls and I still love them just as much as I did then! I am so lucky to have wonderful life-long friends.




We love camping and this was our first big trip of the year to the Little Sahara Sand Dunes near Delta. Brock's hair was so long we had to put it in pony tails to keep it out of his face. Pretty cute! Since this trip, we have also camped at the Cedar campground, and Cedar Breaks during wildflower festival.



Here is Emily with one of many caterpillars she caught with her cousins at Zion.




Here is Britton with his undefeated soccer team "The Gators". He loves soccer and had a great season!
Our summer has had some other fun adventures. It kicked off with a Rowley family reunion in Parowan. I loved seeing cousins I haven't seen for years and especially enjoyed the talent show. I have some amazingly talented cousins!
In June, we took an anniversary trip to Las Vegas where we played in the lazy river at Mandalay Bay, saw the Lion King, and visited the shark reef. We had a good time, but next year, we are celebrating our anniversary without kids!
We also had a great time at the Mikkelson family reunion with all of Jeff's family. We spent the day in Beaver where the kids rode four wheelers and played on the water slide all day as the adults visited and ate great food.

I was in charge of my fifteen year highschool reunion and was able to catch up with dear old friends!
My nephew stayed with us for two weeks while he and Britton participated in a Shakespeare camp for kids where they learned monologues and scenes from The Comedy of Errors and Henry V along with learning sword fighting, vocal training, and lots of other fun things. They really enjoyed it!
We are just two weeks away from moving and I can't wait to live in a home I know I will be in for a long time! We have plenty of room for visitors, so if you would like to come partake of the best hiking and theater around, we would love to have you!




5 comments:

Char and Chris said...

It's been so fun to read your update. It looks like you've continued to stay super busy. I have had many friends run the wasatch back and from what I hear it is Brutal. Congrats for doing it. I'm excited for you to get into your house.

Mary Ellen said...

Congrats on your big move! We will be there soon!

TGriggs said...

WOW!!! Your kids are growing up to fast. It makes me sad!! I miss hanging out with you guys! It is so fun to see an update and congrats on a fun summer so far!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new house!

Mar said...

Hi there! I lost your address or I'd write a real thank you card and put a stamp on it and everything. Thank you so much for the hospitality and lovely afternoon we had at your house last month. It was great to see your new fantastic abode - and to catch up, watch all the kids, hear seriously talented people sing, play instruments, etc. It was great. much thanks. hope to see you all soon!
Marianne & James

Braggin' Rights said...

Can not tell you enough how wonderful you are! You are an amazing woman, capable of "pouring" out love to those around you. So glad I was able to share some treasured times with you this summer and I anticipate our next challenge. Wasatch Back was great but I didn't get to "run" with you like the Bryce Half. I enjoy "running" with you as I always have! Thanks again for the dinner in your new home, we love you guys. I haven't blogged for nearly a year but hope to spend a few minutes this winter.