Sunday, June 7, 2009

What a difference a month makes...

Wow! What a difference a month makes! As of today we are officially two months out from the day we broke ground ground on our house and we are more than half way finished. Jeff's cousin, Jamon is our contractor and he has really moved things along! The exterior is ready for stucco and stone, the roof is half way finished, the upstairs drywall is hung and the downstairs will be finished on Monday. It is so exciting to walk through and see the rooms I have drawn and debated over for the last year actually take shape, and I like them even better in real life! This week, we are getting our block walls in the yard, the exterior will be scratch coated for the stucco and stone, and the taping and texturing of the walls will begin. I have all my paint and stain colors chosen, the lighting and plumbing chosen, the stone, stucco, soffit and facia, and shingles are ready. The only major decisions I have left to make are the carpet, door and cabinet hardware, and trim styles. I feel like we are in the home stretch! We are going to make it! Now I just need to get ready to move...




3 comments:

Brianne said...

How fun and exciting! I can't wait to see what it looks like when all is complete. We will be renting for the first while in Logan too. I think it is the smart way to go!

Char and Chris said...

Chels, that is so exciting. I Hope things continue to go well for you. It looks like it's shaping to be a beautiful home. I can't wait for more pictures. Where is it located?

Kelly said...

Hey, We tried to call when we were down for the 4th. I'm sure your house is even further along now. Are you moving in soon. It looks beautiful!