Sunday, May 10, 2009

Britton's birthday party


Britton turned eight on April 27th. Britton kept saying things like, "I have been waiting for this birthday for like eleven months!", and spent the last last few months before the actual big day scheming all sorts of things we could do to make this big birthday special. We settled on a "mad scientist" birthday party, where we dressed the kids up like scientists complete with Albert Einstein hair, and performed several science experiments. We made volcanoes (note for future reference: do not let the kids put the lids back on their volcano bottles after the baking soda has been added unless you want to turn the experiment into a rocket experiment), made slime, and had a crazy cupcake decorating contest with many unique frosting color combinations and various gummy animals to mix in. I think the kids had a blast. I must admit, it was pretty fun, even for the party thrower.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did a mad scientist birthday party for my daughter a few months ago. I missed doing the Albert Einstein wigs, but we made slime. And worms and snow. The kids also did mentos geysers for a finale. I found a lot of ideas at stevespanglerscience.com.
I also did lychees with blueberries inside (for eyeballs) floating in punch. It was a really fun party.