Sunday, March 22, 2009

EMILY!!


Sweet Emily! Emily just celebrated her fifth birthday. I am so excited to be able to tell people that she is five. People would just roll their eyes and mutter a "ya, right" when I would tell them she was four. You just don't run across too many 4 foot tall four year olds. Especially with a vocabulary like Emily's. These are just a few moments from the week before her birthday that I actually wrote down (Yeah, me!):
While reading a valentine from a class mate aloud she said: "To: Emily From: Elsa - hey! that's alliteration!"
"This ring pop has an exquisite taste!"
(Jeff had just told Emily to clean up the living room and they could play a game she had just invented called Karate Ping Pong afterward. Emily went to clean, then came back and said:
"Dad, God just told me that we are supposed to play games THEN pick up." Jeff said: "No, he didn't." Emily answered, "Yes, he did, you just can't hear Him because he talks to my mind."
and finally - "If I were cheese, I would eat myself."
How can you not be entertained with a child like this in the house. I love you, Emily!

4 comments:

Char and Chris said...

I loved this. What as smart, cute and sweet little girl. She is darling.

Mary Ellen said...

Oh, that is so fun!

TGriggs said...

WOW!!! My little Emily is growing up! I can't believe her picture. Seriously...too much time has passed. I love that little girl and miss her. Tell her we can't wait to see her again someday! Love ya Emily and Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

She is tooooo adorable! I love Sweet Emily!
Mom (Grandma T)