Sunday, April 13, 2008

My tough husband!


Jeff and our good friend from residency, Marc Hyde completed a twelve hour adventure race last weekend in Moab. They mountain biked, ran, kayaked, and rappelled over sixty miles! When Jeff finished there was no "Yeah, that was awesome!" The comments were more like, "That is the stupidest thing I have ever done. Don't ever let me do anything like that again." Jeff is a man with great zest for life. That is one of the reasons I married him. I love him for trying hard things. I love him for his million interests and hobbies, and I love him for knowing he can find better way to do just about anything.

While the men were racing, I got to hang out all day with Marc's wife Tracie and her three adorable girls. (the little boys stayed home.) I am so grateful for the friendships I formed while in residency, and even more grateful that a few of our friends got to move west with us so we can see them on occasion. We spent the day swimming, hiking in Arches National Park, playing at a park in Moab, and cheering on the adventure racers from the comfort of our mini vans. The trip was great apart from a Brock's rota virus which he graciously passed on to me on the trip home. What is a family trip without a little sickness right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Love Britton's grouchy face and Emily's smiley face. And I, too love all those things about Jeff. Congratulations or condolences - which ever is applicable - on a race well run.
Love to you all,
Mom T

JoAnn said...

Cool - how fun. Family trips to see friends and new places build great memories. :o)

Anonymous said...

Awww. . . The pictures bring tears. Arches and the Moab area is up there among my most favorite places to be. We actually went there on our honeymoon! And I'm with you Chels--I think a mini-van was probably the best way to experience an adventure race. :)
Love,
Amie

Mary Ellen said...

Sorry it wasn't so much fun for Jeff..and sorry too about being in a mini-van with the rotavirus! Memories made anyway, right?

Carolyn said...

I feel a little like a blog stalker, but I found your blog off of Holly's. Anyway It's me Carolyn Williams. I was excited to see your cute family and I can't believe that Fawn has 5 kids, and that your younger brothers are actually married! (arn't they still 10?) I am glad to hear that you are still playing your violin!